Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

3/12/16

You must trust that everything happens for a reason, & everything that is done with good grace will work out in the end.

TODAY IN 20 MIN(GREEK TIME) 09/16 I turn 38. It's been a bit of a hard pill to swallow I must say, this 38 thing and I am not even sure why. It feels impossibly grown-up and a bit on the slippery slide towards what exactly, I am not sure. More grey hairs? Menopause? Death? I told my friend the other day that it might have something to do with my mom. If I am 38, and I live only as long as she, my life has less time left than half. Or, maybe it's more about mentally reviewing the last 38 years and desperately wanting to make the next even more worthwhile. Perhaps it's about taking stock of my accomplishments and of the mistakes I have made. Maybe it's about me realizing that I am unequivocally all grown-up now. I would like to share with you the 38 things I have learned about myself and life.
38 things I have learned...
1. Sometimes all you need to feel better is a good nap.
2. Being a mother is a privilege not all get. Do it well.
3. One of the very best things in life is watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico.
4. When ONE FAV PERSON DIES, your heart breaks in a shattering way. It's hard to come back from that.
5. A glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice is better-tasting than any dessert. And healthier.
6. Appreciate your body-the good, the bad and the ugly. It loves you more than you know.
7. Authenticity can be sensed.
8. You can love many people, in many different ways, over the course of your lifetime.
9. Showing kindness to animals signals a strong character.
10. Tell your children your stories. These are the roots from which they grow.
11. When you know, you know. Take a chance on great things.
12. In your relationship, become the behavior you desire.
13. Love begets love.
14. Buy an orchid plant. Mark it with a special occasion. With a bit of love, they will bloom as a reminder of that for years.
15. Make music a primary focus in your household. Play it often. Play it loud. Dance and sing in front of your children. They will remember this.
16. Don't ever try to hide who you are. If you do, it will make you resentful, angry and possibly ill.
17. Educate yourself.
18. When you think something is wrong, say something.
19. Pick a mate that encourages you to be something more.
20. Listen to your gut instinct.
21. Sometimes all you need are good friends, a glass of wine and a lot of laughter. It's cheaper than therapy.
22. You will make bad mistakes in your life. Own them. Grow from them.
23. Grief sometimes shows up as anger. Remember this and be kind.
24. Don't be afraid to travel. And travel alone sometimes too. It's exhilarating.
25. Read good books. They can open you up to a world of possibility.
26. Love is love is love. I can't believe that it's still even up for debate.
27. Look deeply into your children's eyes. I swear you can see God in there.
28. Everyone is beautiful.
29. When someone shares a secret, keep it.
30. Sometimes, in doing the wrong thing, you still end up in the right place.
31. Fill your life as much as possible, with art. It's what makes our spirits sing.
32. Tell your spouse you appreciate them. Remember why you fell in love in the first place.
33. Surround yourself with a small group of true friends.
34. When someone is in a time of crisis don't ask, "What can I do to help?". Think about what needs to get done and do it.
35. There will always people that make you feel badly about yourself. Stay away from them.
36. Being alone with your thoughts is a chance to water your soul.
37. Have a passion for your one life. It's your chance to create a great masterpiece.
38. Once in awhile, a great opportunity presents itself and it is up to you to recognize it.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: